Individual Membership is broken down into the following Voting member categories:
- Organic Seed Farmer Voting Member- Individuals who raise certified organic seed for own use, as well as sale (75% or more of their total seed sales must come from their own production).
- Organic Farmer Voting Member- Individuals who raise certified organic crops or livestock.
- Organic Seed Professional Voting Member- Individuals who work with organic seed breeding in the public or private sector (including breeding, cleaning, research, curating, and/or publishing).
Friends of OSGATA is a Non-voting member category for individuals supporting OSGATA’s mission and organic seed work. Members falling into the Friends category include:
- Non-certified organic farmers
Organization & Business Membership is further broken down into Voting and Non-Voting categories:
- Affiliate Organization Voting Member- Organizations who support the mission of OSGATA.
- Organic Seed Business Voting Member- Seller or handler of certified organic seed.*
- Organic Business Voting Member- Seller and/or manufacturer of certified organic products (non-seed). *
- Non-Organic Seed Company Non-Voting Member- Seller or handler of seed not labeled as organic seed.*
* Category of membership is further delineated into 3 dues brackets by total annual sales.
Do you support OSGATA’s mission to develop, protect and promote the organic seed trade and its growers? Then join now in one of the following easy ways!
1. Become a Voting Member Online! First fill out the appropriate membership application. (Remember, Organic Seed Businesses, Organic Farmers, and Organic Seed Farmers will need to provide their organic certification information). Then pay membership dues securely via PayPal.
2. Become a Friend of OSGATA Online! Fill out the membership application for non-voting members. Then choose how much you would like to contribute to OSGATA, and how often. You can make a one-time annual payment− in which case the recommended amount is $30− or you can set up a renewing payment, subscription style, in an amount of your choosing. All dues are accepted via a secure connection with PayPal.
3. Become a Organization & Business Member Online! First fill out the appropriate membership application. (Organic Seed Businesses will need to provide their organic certification information). Then pay membership dues securely via PayPal.
4. Download a Membership Application! Yes, we still accept memberships the old-fashioned way. Simply download and complete the paper application, selecting the membership category that best suits you. Then mail along with payment to:
P.O. Box 362
Washington, Maine 04574
“Seeds are the memory of life,” says OSGATA Treasurer Isaura Andaluz. We must work together to maintain a healthy, vibrant organic seed industry in order to offer growers and consumers a choice!
- Cross promotion of member products and services.
- Access to a members-only listserv for networking.
- Involvement in the ethical development of diverse organic seed systems.
- “Seed for Thought” newsletter and political action updates on state and federal level.
- Inclusion in building a policy platform for promoting, protecting and developing the organic seed trade’s interests.
- Opportunities to participate first-hand in our efforts via our Committees.
Friends of OSGATA receive:
- OSGATA’s “Seed for Thought” newsletter.
- Political action updates on state and federal level.
- Invitations to join OSGATA’s Committees.