OSGATA et al. v. Monsanto Press Releases
- September, 5 2013: American Farmers Appeal to U.S. Supreme Court to Seek Protection from Genetic Contamination and Invalidate Monsanto’s Patents on Genetically Engineered Crops
- June, 10 2013: Appeals Court Binds Monsanto To Promise Not To Sue Organic Farmers
- February, 25 2013: OSGATA President Keynotes at Public Interest Environmental Law Conference
- January, 10 2013: Farmers Join Hundreds to Protest Outside Monsanto Hearing and Demand End to Monsanto’s Campaign of Intimidation in Rural America Over GMOs
- January, 4 2013: Family Farmers to Travel to Washington, D.C. to Take on Monsanto
- November, 23 2012: OSGATA et al. v. Monsanto Oral Argument Slated for January 10, 2013
- July, 17 2012: Prominent Allies File Amici Briefs on Behalf of OSGATA Plaintiffs
- July, 5 2012: Organic Farmers File Appeal Against Monsanto
- March, 28 2012: Battle Over Farmers’ Rights Against Monsanto Continues to Brew
- February, 27 2012: Judge Sides with Monsanto: Ridicules Farmers’ Right to Grow Food Without Fear of Contamination, and Economic Harm
- February, 2 2012: OSGATA v. Monsanto: Will Farmers Receive Justice?
- January, 16 2012: A Citizen’s Assembly in Support for Family Farmers vs. Monsanto.
- December 30, 2011: Will Organic Farmers See Their Day In Court?
- August 12, 2011: Farmers Defend Right to Protect Themselves From Monsanto Patents
- June 1, 2011: Family Farmers Amplify Complaint Against Monsanto’s GMOs
- March 29, 2011: Organic Farmers Sue Monsanto
“Today is Independence Day for America. Today we are seeking protection from the Court and putting Monsanto on notice. Monsanto’s threats and abuse of family farmers stops here. Monsanto’s genetic contamination of organic seed and organic crops ends now. Americans have the right to choice in the marketplace – to decide what kind of food they will feed their families – and we are taking this action on their behalf to protect that right to choose. Organic farmers have the right to raise our organic crops for our families and our customers on our farms without the threat of invasion by Monsanto’s genetic contamination and without harassment by a reckless polluter. Beginning today, America asserts her right to justice and pure food.”
- Jim Gerritsen, OSGATA President