Please support OSGATA’s Farmer-Travel-Fund!
OSGATA has re-invigorated its Farmer Travel Fund, previously utilized for convergence of plaintiff-farmers from across North America in solidarity for the OSGATA et al. v. Monsanto lawsuit effort. The FTF will be used to reimburse OSGATA farmers and personnel for travel costs associated with attending significant organic industry meetings and events. Examples of what the FTF will cover are reflected in two upcoming events which require OSGATA representation and participation.
1. IFOAM Organic World Congress & General Assembly. In October 2014, the International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements (IFOAM), will be hosting its Organic World Congress−held once every 3 years− in Istanbul, Turkey. As an IFOAM affiliate member, OSGATA has submitted a motion for adoption by the World Board, regarding OSGATA’s member-approved policy on Organic Seed Contaminated by GE Seed. Additionally, OSGATA will be participating in scientific forums and networking with world organic seed leaders.
2. Fall 2014 NOSB Meeting. On October 28-30, the National Organic Standards Board (NOSB) will convene in Louisville, KY. Matters critical to the future of the organic community are on the agenda. Representatives from OSGATA attended and presented testimony at the last NOSB meeting in San Antonio, TX. It is important that the interests of the organic community are heard.
Donations can be made securely via PayPal…
[To donate specifically to our Farmer Travel Fund, please write in the comment box: Farmer Travel Fund or FTF]
…Or via mail:
Organic Seed Growers & Trade Association
PO Box 362
Washington, ME 04574
Because OSGATA is an advocacy trade group donations to support our work are not tax deductible. Thank you!
OSGATA relies on the support of our members as well as contributions from concerned individuals to promote and protect organic seed. Your donation will continue to fuel OSGATA’s Work:
- Coordinating activity subsequent to the partial victory for farmers in OSGATA et al. v. Monsanto.
- Promoting the right to farm, and protection from GE contamination.
- Publishing and distribution of Protecting Organic Seed Integrity: The Organic Farmer’s Handbook to GE Avoidance and Testing.
- Defending farmers’ right to save and trade seed.
- Ensuring the right to true choice in the marketplace for farmers and consumers.
- Promoting protocols for maintaining organic seed integrity and testing seed quality.
- Encouraging the viability of regional organic seed companies.
- Protecting farmer-developed varieties.
- Developing and supporting organic seed standards.
- Encouraging National Organic Program progress toward 100% organic seed.
- Helping send farmers to National Organic Standards Board meetings, legislative actions, conferences, and more.
- Advocating for establishment of “no detect GE content” in organic seed and for biotech responsibility and accountability.